Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Road Trip......

Awww the awesomeness of road trips!! I do not get to venture out much on my own, let alone go on a trip without my kids! I should of course give many thanks to my wonderful husband who actually agreed to let me go, and although called me more than several times a day....managed to keep himself and the kids alive. Who knows if my kids' clothes matched, if Madie's hair ever looked presentable, or if they ate meals that included anything but sugar.......I just know that they survived. Thanks honey!! (I'm sure I should also give some credit to my mother who might have been the person who kept Kevin sane).

I had never been to Arizona before Thursday.......and now, well I have and it is the coolest : ) !! I went with my sister and it was oh soo much fun!! We were able to visit this cool little town in the middle of the desert which was full of teenagers that made my sister, and not to mention myself, act like we were 16 again (my cheeks still hurt every time I remember that day). The trip also included crazy masked drivers that were trying to get a reaction out of people, Kasie almost killing us several times on the road for the sake of getting a picture of a cactus and the beautiful sunset, me illegally jumping barb wired fences to get said picture, crazy antique store owners that wouldn't give me the price I wanted on a totum pole (grrrr...), many late nights with great friends which lead to sleeping in, singing loudly to every song in the car even if we didn't know the lyrics, and best of all quality time with my big sis!! So thanks Kasie for inviting me on your trip and for acting like a teenager to the extent that I thought we were in high school again.

I really did miss my husband and kids, but sometimes it's nice to have a little time to rejuvenate. This post is a shout out to my coolio sister and all her peeps!!


P.S. the pink is supposed to represent the pink seen in the sky of a particularly beautiful sunset in Arizona

4 comments:

Candice said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! I can't wait to hear all the stories. I'm glad Kevin's sanity survived and you came how to healty, happy children. So where are these alleged pictures that you took? I think you should post them, or are you afraid that they will prove evidence against you when you're charged with tresspassing? :)

Lauren Call Green said...

Hi Stephanie!! How are you? I haven't seen you in ages! I'm so happy to find you in the blogging world =) Will you send me your email address? My blog is set to private and I want to add you to my "approved readers" list!! (Send it to momma.green@yahoo.com!) Talk to you later =)

Kasie West said...

Yes, that about summed it up. Me acting like a teenager and you acting like a criminal. Ah the memories. :)

Olsens said...

Hey, shoot me an email, I've got some cute pics of the man-folk at Bjorn's wedding, and a cute one of you and the kids! terraolsen@sbcglobal.net

Talk to you soon!