Wednesday, October 22, 2008

No rest for the weary!!

So now that Claire is almost 9 months, you would think that she would be sleeping through the night......oh wait that would have to mean that you have a normal child. I don't know what it is, but Kevin and I only make non sleeping children.


First there was Logan, who even at a few weeks old would not sleep all day like every other newborn on this planet, but would take short cat naps that would last 20 minutes here and there. Of course anyone that knows Logan, would know that he has way to much energy for his own good. He does sleep through the night now, unless of course Madie wakes him up(they sleep in the same room right now). Then we had Madeleine, who was a pretty good newborn, but once she got out of the newborn stage decided that sleeping was cramping her lifestyle. She by far is my most difficult sleeper in the fact that she, at 2 1/2 years old, still does not sleep through the night. Oh and she stopped taking daily naps at about 18 months (I know it's crazy)! I do have to note that her restless sleep probably has something to do with the fact that she has always had health issues, with her breathing and such. So it would make sense that she has just fallen into a pattern of not sleeping very well. Now we have Claire, who when she was born I swore would break the mold. She was a very good newborn until she hit 9 days old and was admitted to the hospital for RSV. Granted she is better then the other 2 at her age because she only goes through spurts of not sleeping. It's weird.....she will sleep really good for a week, and then not so good for 2. Overall though, she is my easiest at this stage of her life.


As my mom reminds me daily when I complain, "You are no different then any other person with small children, it is just a stage in your life that will soon pass." She is of course right, but sometimes it is hard to look past your own daily trials. I know I get a little preoccupied with the fact that I am not sleeping, or that I am ready to pull my hair out because the kids have been fighting all day, and Claire will just not let me put her down.....but I really do have many things to be grateful for. I have 3 beautiful children, who some days drive me to my mental capacity, but most days bring a smile to my face with their sweet spirits. So for now Kevin and I will have permanent circles under our eyes, but will always remember how good we have it!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I am sending many sleep-filled vibes to the DeWoody/Ryan household...