Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Having fun at the zoo...

So last week Logan had a couple of days off from school and a few of our friends decided it would be fun to go to the ever exciting Chaffee Zoo. Yes it is a modest zoo, but it's cheap and lots of fun to a 4 and 2 year old. We were able to go with the Bowens and Tringalis. I didn't get that many pictures because I had decided last minute that I didn't want to lug around our big fancy camera and get really good pictures, but instead settled for my moms point and shoot camera that had little battery life left. And what do you know, the camera dies on me about an hour after we got there....oh well. The funniest part about it is that I am more comfortable using our 6 lb. professional camera than I am a little point and shoot.

It is so much fun to see my kids growing up so fast and making such good friends. I just can't believe how fast time flies, before I know it my kids will be teenagers and will be doing things like driving and dating.....SCARY!! Hopefully I will be able to enjoy each stage as they come and not rush them to grow up....as tempting as it is sometimes!
Such fascination in their eyes!! They were having so much fun looking at the animals.


The behind shot.....it was so cute to watch them peer over the fence. We adults were wishing we could be on the other side of the fence to get a shot of their faces.


Logan and Mia.....so photogenic!



Logan being goofy and cheesy for the camera.



I LOVE Madeleine's face in this picture! She was trying to get me to look at the animal she thought was "crazy".



This picture really made me laugh. First off, Madie was being stubborn and wouldn't sit next to anyone even though Mia was trying to include her. Second, Logan was taking advantage of the fact that he was one of the two boys around all the cute girls (there were two other very cute boys, but they are only 3 and 4 months old). Look at him with his arms around Brooklyn and Ella.....if he could have, I'm sure he would have grown an extra arm to put around Mia too.

5 comments:

Kasie West said...

Oh, poor you having to use a point and shoot camera instead of your huge, massive, menace of a camera. How does it feel to be just like the rest of us? :)

Suzanne said...

Maddy is getting so big and grown up! I can't believe how much she looks like a little girl in those pictures. No more toddler for you!

Sigh. Which of those kids can I have? ;)

Josh and Kimmy said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We should go sometime, I have the annual pass! I left a shameless plug on my page for Kevin to help me talk Josh into getting a nice camera for me for Christmas. I'd much rather lug around something that works and takes good pictures! Although your little one seemed to do the trick, ours is shot!

Amanda said...

OH MY! i can't believe how big maddie is!! i haven't seen her since she was a baby still. i am so glad you started a blog so we can keep in touch. it has been so long since we talked. :) yay for blogs

Neil and Kristi said...

Sooo cute, look at how your little family has grown! Your kids are beautiful!!