Friday, December 5, 2008

All She Wants For Christmas...

Just after Thanksgiving this year I was sitting at home with the fam and it so happened that Stephanie and Claire were both taking a nap, leaving me with Logan and Madie. I usually use this quality time to wrestle with the kids or work on their tv based education by switching "Dora" to "How it's Made" or "Future Weapons". I know what your thinking, strong candidate for father of the year, right? Thought so. Anyway, we broke the mold by writing a letter to Santa. I had to explain to the kids that because santa had to pay extra taxes to fund the various governmental bail-outs this year they could only ask Santa for one special present. Madie immediately (and repeatedly) screamed, "A Baby". My first thought, she has 2000+ babies as already, Lame! Logan thought long and hard and at last firmly requested "A Toy Trash Can". A bit crazy, but at least he hasn't got one already.
Since that letter I have taken notice of just how much Madie loves her Dolls and how very motherly she is with them. It amazes me how one so young could show such mature and nurturing characteristics found in all mother's.
Like most real mothers she spends an exceptional amount of time entertaining and caring for her babies. She is often seen cuddling them or swinging them in the baby-swing.
She also feels that her babies deserve quality time in Claire's bouncer, and to my delight tries to get them to help with chores around the house, like cleaning dishes.
She is also fond of taking her baby on walks in her baby stroller to get them some fresh air.
Madeleine is particularily patient with her babies when they get fussy and need a mother's love and gentleness to calm them. But like her larger counterparts, she has a breaking point. How then does she cope with the stresses of motherhood? Perhaps some of you mothers out there will be able to relate to our little 2 year old mother of 2000+...
I submit the question to you 2 people out there who occasional check this blog, should Santa fulfill Madie's one Christmas wish this year?

14 comments:

Kasie West said...

I am laughing so hard right now. That baby doll in the plastic bag picture is a classic. And yes, get the girl another doll to abuse. :)

Suzanne said...

Babies + plastic bags = I'm calling CPS to report Madie right now.

Also, don't settle for a toy trash can. Show Logan how much Santa loves him and spring for a REAL trash can. (Used, preferably.)

Kira said...

Oh mercy - definitely funny. I think you guys better keep a close eye on Claire...if Madie gets a hold of her...

Candice said...

I was cracking up as I read this! Yes, give her another baby. She will be sooo happy, and that's what matters.

Kasie West said...

What's this I hear? My song on your blog? Come Home. Did you add that just for me? I love it.

Hannah West said...

whats the point of having a stroller if your just gonna put the baby in a plastic bag?

Mark and Tamarie said...

Stephanie,

I would love to keep in touch. Thanks for posting a comment on my blog. It is great to see what your family is up to. Your kids are very cute! Have a very Merry Christmas.

krisjane said...

I told Stephanie how I was laughing out loud reading this posting!! Hilarious!! Good work! :)

Unknown said...

My daughter was in love with her dolls too !! One in particular named Petie, which she was allowed to take into surgery with her. The nurses told me when she first woke up she asked for Petie even before me !! I think Madie is adorable with her babies !! One can never have too many babies to love !!

Jennifer said...

friggin hilarious!

Camie said...

Hilarious post! My favorite is the baby in the plastic bag. So funny!

Unknown said...

Hello from Rocklin California from Aunt Peggy and Aunt Pat. Loved the blog and pix of the kids...yes Maddie should get her doll for Christmas, better be under the tree now...hope you all are doing well and have a good Christmas...hope to see you soon...The Rocklin Gang

hgarza said...

Okay...that is hilarious Kevin!! Did you get her a dang doll??!! What about the trash can?

Josh and Kimmy said...

Stephanie,
You can take pictures of my kids any time you want! I could use some professional looking "9 month" pictures of Sydney! :) I didn't even think to call any friends when I was stranded either. It was Matt who was with Josh that told Terra to come get me! Let's hang out...I'm bored.
Did you get Madie a baby?? Sydney got two and held one the entire drive to Utah.