Monday, January 12, 2009

Mmmmm....Mmmmm....Good

So this year I had been thinking about starting some New Year's resolutions (thinking is the key word to remember)........some of them were to be more organized, more patient with my kids, actually listen when my kids are trying to tell me something, etc. What they are really isn't that important....especially because if history repeats itself I'm not likely to follow through. This most recent example is why maybe I should rethink my decision to ignore such resolutions........

Here's how it went down:

My mom and I were watching one of our favorite Friday daytime shows.....TLC's What Not To Wear. You all should become fans as one day I will turn Kevin in and he will be one of the few men to grace the show as his need is quite obvious. Anyways it was towards the end of the show, which is really the best and most important part when..........

Logan: "Mom, Claire's dirty!!"

Madie: "Yeah Mom, Claire's DIRTY!!!"

Mom: "It's okay guys she's been crawling around, I clean her up later." (no I did not get up or turn to look in the kitchen where they were playing to see what was going on)

silence from the children who obviously thought I knew what they were talking about and decided to let it slide.

A few minutes later........

Logan and Madie: "Mom Claire is REALLY dirty!!"

Mom: "It's okay!!"

Logan: "No Mom she is messy all over!"

Mom: "What do you mean, like on her knees and hands?"

Logan: "No....Like she is BLACK all over her face!!"

Mom: Finally catches the point and turns around to see what is going on. Through the cracks of the kitchen chairs I see Claire......"Oh my GOODNESS!!"

This is what I saw..........


So it turns out that my children are not over exaggerators like I always assume they are. Claire had found a black marker (luckily a crayola non-toxic marker) and proceeded to chew the tip off like it was some tasty treat. She needs to get her taste buds more refined because I don't see how that tasted good. Case in point.....New Year's Resolutions are a good thing.

12 comments:

krisjane said...

That is funny!! Don't you just hate it though when you have to miss the last part of "What Not to Wear"?! I'll admit I've neglected Max and Sadie a few times in order to watch the reveal! :)

Jared and Brianne said...

She still is a cutie even with all that marker on her face!!

Lauren Call Green said...

I have to agree with Bri! She is adorable even all covered in marker!!

Janelle Ehat said...

So cute! This kind of thing happens to be ALL THE TIME!! You are lucky that your kids TOLD you! Mine aren't always that observant or they think it's hilarious and just laugh at the messes!

Tom and Linda Ryan said...

She is soooooooooooooooo cute!

hgarza said...

Okay...that is funny. I'm learning so many things about my sister from this blog, like the fact that she ignores her children!:) It's okay, half the time I just pretend like I'm listening to mine, I mean who has time for a story that takes 20 minutes to tell!

Heather said...

I am just glad to know that there are other slacker moms out there like me who come down to find the marker already digested! She is so cute! So I finally found your blog off of Kira's and I will be happy to send you an invite if you let me know what e-mail address to send it to.

Kasie West said...

Yeah, I have no idea what all these people are talking about (including you). I watch my children perfectly and they never do this. I didn't find my son with a sharpie today coloring all over the pantry door.

Stephanie Ryan said...

Heather,
Good to see you in the blogging world. Our blog is linked to kevinlevoyou@hotmail.com so if you send an invite there then we could visit yours from here.

Kasie,
Everybody knows that you are no different than the rest of the mothers out there. Sharpies are only the tip of the iceberg dear...

THE TAYLORS said...

Thats funny. Don't you just love kids?

Arnold said...

I have called child protective services and they are on their way. I mean, actually they are not coming, so feel free to just relax and not leave the house for about 20 minutes or so.

Hannah West said...

hee hee